Boys & Girls Clubs and YMCA
of Greater Waterville
Boys & Girls Clubs
Alfond Youth Center
126 North St.
Waterville, ME 04901
Support Annual Appeal
Each year the Boys and Girls Club and YMCA raise scholarship funds for children of need. Please consider a gift today. Your generous contribution will be recognized according to your wishes. For more information on ways to make a positive difference in a child's life, please call Felicia Lambert at 207-873-0684 x248. At our Annual Appeal Awards Dinner a $100,000 challenge was issued from the Harold Alfond Foundation. For every dollar raised (in cash) until September 7, 2012 will be matched up to $100,000 by the Harold Alfond Foundation. Please consider a donation during this challenge period so we can meet our goal and receive the full matching $100,000 to support the area youth.
Boys & Girls Clubs and YMCA of Greater Waterville
1. 15 - The cost of an annual youth membership including the After School Program and a meal in the Kids Kitchen. More than 50% of our members pay less than $15/year as they receive scholarships that can be as high as 100% of the cost.
2. 75% - Youth members unable to pay the annual fee.
3. 300 - Free scholarships offered this past year to adults and seniors for wellness programs in collaboration with fitness centers .
4. $200,000 - In direct scholarship support to underprivileged youth each year.
5. $250,000 - Saved in staff salaries by utilizing more than 220 community volunteers.
6. 52% - Female youth population, the highest in the nation for Boys & Girls Clubs.
7. 150 - Children served everyday in our comprehensive After School Program.
8. 100 - Children receive a free, hot meal each weekday through the Kids Kitchen program.
9. The only licensed registered "Field of Dreams" in Maine-The Harold Alfond Fenway Park